Description: The Audio Technician serves as part of the Worship & Arts Team during weekend services to support and enhance the worship experience through sound reinforcement. The Audio Technician configures, operates, and troubleshoots all audio equipment used in the execution of weekend services and special events. This includes audio equipment connection, sound board setup/configuration, sound checks and other testing, and sound board operation during rehearsal(s) and production of Sunday services and special events.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- During the week
- Check in with the Worship Team for any special sound needs.
- Work with audio volunteers to set up sanctuary sound.
- Perform proper line check.
- Perform proper sound check; includes gain settings, monitor mixes, proper volume settings, and the eq/mixing process.
- 20 minutes before service, talk through service with worship leaders.
- During Service
- Adjusting audio levels during service as needed.
- Following worship leaders’ direction during services.
- Record the service.
- Following stage and schedule cues.
- Providing a distraction-free service as it relates to audio production.
- Talk with the band and worship leaders to find out if issues existed for them during service.
- Note any broken/faulty equipment and take it out of service if possible.
- Work with audio volunteers to clear equipment as needed.
Time Commitment: 8 hours per week for the following activities
● Sunday morning worship (7:30 am – 12:30 pm) – 5 hrs
● Wednesday night band rehearsal – 2 hrs
● Check in with worship staff and audio volunteers – <1hr
Qualifications & Skills Required:
● Collaborative team player
● Experience mixing audio successfully in the live environment
● Familiarity with Yamaha LS9 digital board (running through Crown XTI 2000 amp)
● Knowledge of or willingness to train on MCL Smartfade light board
● Ability to think quickly and react/trouble-shoot properly in high stress situations.